Head of AI Innovation Center
Head of AI Innovation Center
Stellenbeschreibung2 million patient-years of data and one of the largest and most diverse datasets in the pharma industry. Novartis has embraced a bold strategy to drive a company-wide digital transformation. Becoming the industry leader in applying advanced analytic (AA) methodologies to generate novel insights and actions across all of Novartis is one of the key pillars of this strategy. As the Head of AI Innovation Center, you will have an important role to play in this mission and you will be in charge of driving deep AI innovations for the enterprise at the group level. In this, you will be reporting to the Head of Data Science and AI who is leading the overall transformation at Novartis for applying and adopting advanced analytics and artificial intelligence technologies and who is directly reporting to the CDO. You will lead a team of AI experts and work closely with internal (business units and franchises) and external (technology and academic) partners. Your role is to make the AI Innovation Center the “go to” hub for meaningful and impactful deep innovations in AI for pharma.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Setting up and operationalizing the AI Innovation Center
- Compose and manage a strong and impactful portfolio of AI/ML related programs with the business units where deep AI Innovation could address
- Develop an annual process and operation for margin the AI Innovation Center the “go to” function for all AI/ML related Innovations for the enterprise
- Create a working model for deeply engaging the business unit In the operation of the AI Innovation Center and making this center a key enabler for the entire enterprise
- Form a cross-enterprise governance model and structure (Internally and externally) to enable progress and adoption of the AI Innovation Center by the franchises and units. Create alignment with the senior leaders in the businesses and functions in this mandate
- Physically set up, Initiate and organize the AI Innovation Center outposts In multiple geographies (Europe, US, and Asia)
- Manage the annual budget to drive the execution of the portfolio of prioritized programs taken on by the AI Innovation Center. In this, it will be pivotal that the portfolio of programs addressed by the AI Innovation Center to be co-defined and co-owned with the corresponding businesses
• Impacting external landscape
- Overseeing and managing the Interactions and Interfaces with the external collaborators and partners for proper operations and success of the AI Innovation Center
• Inspiring others to innovate and drive culture change
MindestanforderungenWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree with an advanced degree in medicine or data science and applied mathematics
• English required
• > 15yrs of experience in data analytics with deep practical understanding of advanced analytics methodologies applied to the domain of medicine and specially life sciences
• Experience in applying advanced analytics in the pharma or healthcare sector
• Expertise in bringing advanced analytics insights and actions to a large-size mature organization
• Deep understanding of agile work methodology and implementation
• Proven track record in delivering results in large multinational, multi-business organizations
• Leadership of teams in a matrix organizational structure
• Courage to challenge status quo constructively and take smart risks
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.