Global Medical Affairs Director
Global Medical Affairs Director
Stellenbeschreibung2.5 Million people – that’s the estimated prevalence of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) worldwide. It is also the most common disabling neurological condition in young adults.
Novartis has been reimaging the care for MS patients for more than a decade. With our vision to ultimately develop a cure for MS, we are making progress by bringing new treatments to patients in the short-term that will benefit MS patients in different stages of the disease. Moreover, we are exploring how data and digital can help us to better understand the disease and help us to improve care for MS patients.
We are looking for highly energized, passionate people to join the Novartis Neuroscience team to be involved in bringing a new product to market. Focused on providing medical and scientific leadership into medical brand teams and other related functions from pre-launch through Life Cycle Management. The GMA Director supports the Global Brand Medical Director in the execution of MA activities in alignment with GMA functions.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide medical scientific input for assigned Medical Affairs studies (Phase IIIB-IV, PMS, non-interventional studies without regulatory impact) within the MS program, as a member of the Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT)
• Serve as a disease area scientific and medical expert for internal customers/stakeholders, e.g., Global Clinical Trial team, Scientific Review Committee, research, exploratory development, device development, Marketing, Novartis Country Pharma Organizations (CPOs), and other line functions within GMA and external customers e.g., Health Care Professionals (HCPs), Market Access and Patient Advocacy Groups (PAGs).
• Working with the Global Brand Medical Director to build the Medical Affairs Strategy and Plan
• Support Global Brand Medical Director in ensuring compliance of promotional and non-promotional global material and all Medical Affairs activities, including brand safety related activities for the assigned program and input to Periodic Safety Update Reporting (PSURs) and Development Safety Update Reporting (DSURs); as well as deputize in Global Clinical Team (GCT), Global Project Team (GPT), Global Brand Team (GBT), Clinical Development Unit (CDU), CPO WebEx Alignment meetings and internal decision boards as the Medical Affairs advocate.
• Contribute to talent and career development of MA and Development colleagues through active participation in on-boarding, training and mentoring activities.
MindestanforderungenWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Medical or scientific degree, preferably MD
• Advanced medical/scientific writing and communication skills.
• Proven ability to interpret, discuss and represent efficacy, statistical and safety data relating to the assigned area.
• Proven ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team setting, including a highly-matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong scientific partnership with key investigators in Neuroscience, especially MS.
• Medical and/or scientific expertise within Neuroscience required.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!